THE ARCHIVES

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Kyu Sakamoto's Sukiyaki & The Golden Gate Strings' Monkees Songbook

I'm on a once-a-week posting schedule because I don't really have that much stuff to spread around right now and this week's a real thrill, it's just stuff I have cluttering up my Rapidshare account.
My vinyl, my covers.
Kyu Sakamoto was the first Japanese artist to have a hit in the U.S. and was a big deal back when, there's like a million entries when you Google him, so knock yourself out...
"Sukiyaki", don'tcha know?...


This lp's main claim to fame is that the version of "(I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone" that appears on it also can be heard in the cult film Lovedoll Superstar. It really is pretty cool, as is the film...
So what'll it be next time, lucha libre or scantily-clad wimmen?...

9 comments:

Mr. Karswell said...

The only thing better than the Lovedoll Superstar soundtrack is the Desperate Teenage Lovedoll soundtrack!

I vote scantily-clad lucha libre!

George Van Orsdel said...

hey Professor, thanks for the amazing Kyu Sakamoto post!! I am a huge fan of his hit "Sukiyaki", which gets plenty of play on my iPod. I have very fond memories of listening to this song as a little boy, and so to see this post with his whole ablum (which I've never heard) really made my day! Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

My vote always goes for scantily clad wimmen!

Prof. Grewbeard said...

George- the lp's great!

luche libre- 1/2 vote, wimmen- 1 & 1/2 vote

Rik Tod Johnson said...

Scantily clad wrasslin' wimmen!!!

Eegah!! and Tabonga! said...

Lucha Libre AND Scantily-Clad Wimmens!!!!!!!!

Prof. Grewbeard said...

luchadoras wearing only masks!!!...

Brian D. Horrorwitz said...

Scantily-Clad Wimmen whipping lubed-up Mexican wrestlers while the Aztec Mummy photographs them.

Michael Jones said...

Have you ever seen Sukiyaki Western Django. Track it down.
I too like the KYU Sukiyaki, I need another tune to impress the locals at Karaoke.
Wimmen, if you please.

Related Posts with Thumbnails