THE ARCHIVES

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Light The Jack O' Lantern, Pumpkinhead...(Update)

In an attempt to get the pumpkins rolling, I've come up with a new header(obviously)and re-installed the Monster Record Player I feature every year around this time, equipped with new tunes, many of the koolest of which I got from Blues From The Redboy and The Devil's Music, two great music sites that can be found in my Blog Archive. Thanx also to Karswell of The Horrors Of It All for supplying me with the graphic for the New Improved MRP notice in the sidebar. I don't have tons of stuff to share this year, mostly reposts of scary records I put up last year but with a difference- the files will all be from my own lps, lps which I managed to accumulate this year before the bottom dropped out of the family wallet. So, if you needed noisier copies of all your favorites, well, here they come! There will be at least a couple of InterWeb firsts and probably some monster magazine stuff I've been too lazy to post so far(scanning is hard!), not to mention the Dell Mad Monster Party comic in it's entirety(Rarrrr! scanning bad!)so stay tuned. The above image is the "cover" I made of a compilation of sound efx and music I made a few years ago and update every year, maybe i'll post that too. I made it as an exercise in Halloween ambience, a journey through the darkest night of the year & the soul. This year might be the darkest of all for all of us, at least 'til next year. Oh yeah, i'll probably be going on & on like this more often, too...(Boo!)

7 comments:

Eegah!! and Tabonga! said...

Looks like you're all fired up and ready to go!

Mykal Banta said...

I'm lovin' the new banner. Dude, that is so you! Just for Holloween or always?

Prof. Grewbeard said...

just tryin' to 'sych myself up, it's probably oversell...the banner will be up 'til Christmas, at least.

Mr. Karswell said...

Lovin' the new blog overhaul too! I guess now I know why you were asking me for the link to that haunted recording post, haha.

Prof. Grewbeard said...

nah, i just thought of it the other day. perfect image for it though, couldn'ta done it without you!...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new tunes. Here's a suggestion to add to your Monster Record Player.

http://zorchv38.blogspot.com/2008/10/happy-halloween.html

Zombie - The Salmas Brothers

Prof. Grewbeard said...

great site!

Related Posts with Thumbnails